SCHOOL BUS REGULATIONS
- OBEY THE SCHOOL BUS DRIVER
- REMAIN SEATED AT ALL TIMES
- KEEP HEAD AND ARMS INSIDE BUS
- KEEP BUS CLEAN
- NO SMOKING, EATING, OR DRINKING
- NO YELLING, SCREAMING, OR FIGHTING
- NO PROFANE LANGUAGE
- DO NOT THROW OBJECTS
- DO NOT DAMAGE BUS
- DO NOT BLOCK THE AISLE
Students who cannot obey these regulations may be suspended from riding the school bus.
In addition to the rules for riding the school bus, students should:
Before the bus arrives…
- Be at the stop on time – at least 5 minutes ahead of time.
- Respect the property of others. No playing around.
- Stand in an orderly line – at least 10 feet away from the curb or roadway.
- Be especially careful at the school bus stop when there is snow or ice on the ground. You may slip, or the bus may slide as it stops.
When the bus arrives…
- If you must CROSS IN FRONT of the bus, watch for traffic. Look both ways.
- Use the handrail when getting on the bus.
- Find your assigned seat immediately.
- Follow the rules of behavior for riding the school bus.
Upon arriving at school…
- Do not stand before the bus stops. No pushing or shoving.
- Do not stop to pick up anything you may drop after getting off the bus. Wait until the bus departs when it is safe to do so.
- Go directly into the school or to the school waiting area.
- No playing around near the school bus unloading zone.
Getting off in the afternoon…
- Do not get off at any stop except your own unless you have a note from your parent, and approved by the school principal.
- If you must cross, CROSS IN FRONT OF THE BUS SO THE DRIVER CAN SEE YOU.
- If you drop something, NEVER stop to pick it up until after the bus departs and only when it is safe to do so.
- Walk AWAY from the bus after you get off. If you can touch the bus YOU’RE TOO CLOSE!